Blog Archive

Thursday 10 December 2015

Preliminary Exercise Learner Response

BRZEZINSKI, Alan
Evaluation mark: 6/10
Grade: C

WWW: The great strength here is your confident use of media terminology – it really shows your knowledge and passion for film. This will be important for your full MEST2 evaluation as well and is a real top-level signifier.
EBI: I’m concerned that the evaluation isn’t a lot more critical. Although there were technical strengths to the production, there were also glaring errors that I feel you gloss over here. A top evaluation needs to be honest and accurate – I don’t think you made nearly enough of the fact that this didn’t meet the brief nor could the audience make out the dialogue. These are major flaws. Along similar lines, I’d like to have seen more reflection on your leadership – from my perspective it didn’t look like you delegated much if any of the project to your group. Surely you need to reflect on this, particularly as the production didn’t meet the brief or succeed with the audience?


1) Manage my production team better and make sure everyone has an understanding of the film brief to ensure that we are working towards a successful final product.

2) Make sure my evaluation is more critical in the actual evaluation as I need to highlight more technical aspects but also be able to identify problems and how I solved them

3)Make sure my production is not only technical but has a good story that the audience understands it.

No comments:

Post a Comment